Wednesday 20 August 2008

Dizzee Rascal To Focus On Making Pop Music

Dizzee Rascal has been so impressed with the success of his number one single Dance Wiv Me, that he plans to focus on cathartic more pop-orientated music in the future.


The rapper recently topped the UK singles charts for four weeks with his collaboration with producer Calvin Harris.


Now Rascal tells the Daily Record he wants to pursue the hit-making: "From now on, I think I'm always going to make a pop record book. It makes sense. I'm in the business of selling records. There's no point in fronting to myself that I want to be this excessively obscure artist."


"The underground sentiment I'd sold out as soon as I got a record deal. But I'm non underground and I'm non trying to be underground ever once again. I did that on my start album. I came right from the bottom and the solely way is up. I will do what needs to be done."


As reported lately, Dizzee Rascal has revealed he intends to collaborate with fellow chart-toppers The Ting Tings.




More info